Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Parenting the Blind- Fail

Cody and I had just sat down to dinner, a meal consisting of pork chops, mashed potatoes, gravy and steamed baby carrots, when Cody said to me, “Let us” to which I questioned, “Let us what?” My brain was thinking, “Let us pray? Holy shit. We forgot to say a prayer on the food? ” (I realize that blessing and cursing don’t usually go hand-in-hand.  I’m just being straightforward. I THOUGHT it. I didn’t voice it! J ) Cody simply replied, “Let us in my potatoes.”  That’s when it dawned on me that Cody was not suggesting we DO something, he was talking about the edible green leafy vegetable---lettuce!

I looked at the piles of potatoes on our plates and realized I hadn’t told Cody that I prepared them using soft skinned Butter Golds and did not peel the potatoes before boiling like I generally do. Apparently, the texture of the skins inside the mashed potatoes reminded Cody of lettuce.

Without delay, I explained the aforementioned to Cody, assuring him that there was not lettuce anywhere on his plate.  

“Weird” was all he had to say as he continued to enjoy his dinner.



It’s moments like this when I recognize how trusting Cody is and that I could do SO much better at describing things for him. 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...