Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sock- Shoe, Sock-Shoe or Sock-Sock, Shoe-Shoe?

A few days ago, I came into the living room and Katelyn was watching the old sitcom All in the Family. She asked me, "What is this show mom? It's pretty funny." I briefed her on it a bit, explaining that Edith and Archie's daughter, Gloria, is Sally Struthers, the lady who played the grandmother on Still Standing.

I then told her about the episode when Archie and "Meathead" were arguing about the right way to put on socks and shoes. Then I asked Katelyn, "Haven't you ever noticed that your dad puts on sock-shoe, sock-shoe? It makes me crazy!" (Clearly, I'm with Archie on this issue.) 

Katelyn hadn't noticed, but then she asked me, "How do you put make-up on your eyes? Do you do all one eye and then the other, or do you do both eyes at the same time?"

 I said "I do them together...eyeliner-eyeliner, eyeshadow-eyeshadow, mascara-mascara. Why? Do you do all one side and then the other?!"

 "Sometimes" she said.




How do you put on your socks and shoes? Please let us know in the comment section. :)

7 comments:

Bonnie@TheFragileXFiles said...

Sock sock, and them later when I'm actually getting ready to leave the house.... Shoe shoe. But makeup is the opposite - eyeliner on both eyes, eyeshadow on both, and sometimes mascara on both. Otherwise aren't you just constantly picking things up and putting them down?

Anonymous said...

Ummmm... Sock sock, shoe shoe!! I didn't realize some people did the sock shoe sock shoe thing! **jaw habing open** For the facial I do eyeliner on both, then double mascarara on one eye and again on the other eye.

dluvscoke said...

I think doing make-up one eye at a time is as strange as putting on sock-shoe, sock-shoe, maybe even more so. I agree with Bonnie. There would be too much picking up and putting down. Katelyn has some theory that involves liquid eyeliner and mascara clumping. I'll see if I can get her to explain it.

Lizbeth said...

I do sock, sock then shoe, shoe!

carolinaheartstrings said...

Archie and me (Tammie) sock sock shoe shoe. My daughter knows Sally Struthers as Babette from the Gilmore Girls. How time flies!

Carolina HeartStrings said...

I (Alessa) love this post. I do like Tammie sock sock shoe shoe and my make up like you. AND I was thinking the same thing about time flying.... Sally Struthers playing a grandma. Damn.

Anonymous said...

I remember this show and realized there is a modern lesson. A sock-sock, shoe-shee is the equivalent in doing things the same way as everyone else. Sock-shoe, sock-shoe is out of the "shoe box" thinking....seeing the world from a different perspective. I do sock-shoe, sock-shoe...so I am crazy or what!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...