Monday, February 9, 2015

Talitha's Italian Wedding Soup

My daughter-in-law, Talitha, has always loved to experiment with cooking and is very good at it. She would like to be a professional chef and someday open her own sandwich shop, but for now, Talitha is happy cooking for her little family. She told me, "Now that I have a husband, I find I love cooking even more." Chase (my son) does like to eat! The two of them are a match made in heaven.  :)

Here is a soup recipe Talitha shared with me. Someday, when she's not busy raising little boys, I'd like to see her start her own cooking blog. I think she'd be terrific at it!



Ingredients-

2 teaspoons oil- olive or vegetable
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 glove garlic, minced
2 cups diced zucchini
2 cups diced yellow crooked neck squash
1 cup diced red bell pepper
3 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
1 cup uncooked macaroni or pasta shells
2 cups fresh spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
Parmesan cheese- grated


Directions- 

Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in zucchini, yellow squash and bell pepper. Cook until crisp-tender. 

Stir in broth and macaroni/shells. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for approximately 7 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Stir occasionally. 

Add spinach. Cook 1 minute or just until wilted. Top with grated cheese.

Makes six (1.5 cup) servings.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...