Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Out of the 2010 Archives/ Christmas Brainteasers

The DJ on the radio this morning was playing a game he called "Christmas Realist". He described a realist as a person who would take it literally if someone said "I'd let him eat crackers in my bed any day." or "I've got a lot on my plate." or "Who let the dogs out?"


The DJ read a Christmas song title the way a "realist" might say it and if you knew the answer, you could call in and win a prize. For example: The DJ said " Adorn the Rooms" and a caller answered with "Deck the Halls". Follow?


As I was listening, I thought, "Hey. This is how Cody communicates!" Everything is a guessing game with him. (Too bad I was driving my car at the time. I could've totally kicked butt with all the experience he's given me.)


I decided right then and there that I wanted to blog about this. There's got to be other "Autism mom's and dad's" who are good at this! So...here some of the song titles the radio station used with a few "Codyisms" thrown in:


1) Higher on the Dwelling Peak


2) Zilch Holiday Ash


3) Left in a Trough


4) Frigid the Flurry Guy


5) "I'm excited to see Ho, Ho, Ho!"


6) "Did you get dust up your nose?"


7) Rattle Chimes


8) Elation to the Earth


9) "I will listen to Along Comes a Woman on if it doesn't run out of batteries."


10) Zero Divine Darkness


11) "Don't let the bumble in."


12) Kris Kringle Infant



Answers-



1) Up on the Housetop


2) O Christmas Tree


3) Away in a Manger


4) Frosty the Snowman


5) "I'm excited to see Santa Claus!"


6) "Did you sneeze?"


7) Jingle Bells


8) Joy to the World


9) 'I will listen to Chicago on my iPod."


10) O Holy Night


11) "Don't let the bee in."


12) Santa Baby





Please leave a comment and let me know me how well you did, even if you don't have a child with Autism :)

3 comments:

Daniel "Captain" Kirk said...

100%!

dluvscoke said...

Papa Bear- You guessed Cody's correctly? Wow! I'm impressed. You really do read my blog. :)

Daniel "Captain" Kirk said...

Well, on #6 I guessed "God bless you" or "Somebody sneezed!" and on #9 I said CD player, but the meaning was clear.

GL has an odd way of using prepositions. I have a hard time describing it to professionals, but here's an example: he likes to point out unusual mailboxes, especially ones that are shaped like other things. When he sees a mailbox that looks like a fish or one that looks like a tractor, he says, "There's a fish (or tractor) made out of a mailbox!" Instead of "Is this shoe on the right foot?" he always said, "Is this foot on the right shoe?" He often reverses opposites, saying Dad for Mom, red for green, yes for no.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...