Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Timely Wagon

This is the second vintage piece my mom received from her friend. (To see the first item, click here.) It is a small wagon of blocks that when put together right, a clock face is formed, much like a puzzle.




A Timely Wagon is written on either side of the base.



There are seven blocks surrounding the clock, each one depicting a day of the week.



If you look closely, you can see a picture and writing on each piece...Monday Washing, Tuesday Ironing, Wednesday Mending, Thursday Shopping and Friday Cleaning.



Saturday Baking and Sunday Church are written on the two blocks supporting the upper half of the clock.

I have searched the internet for information regarding this vintage toy, but have found nothing. The only thing I have to go on is the tiny logo near the wagon string that reads Universal Toy and Novelty Company.

If anyone has information to share about this unique item, please leave a comment. I would very much like to hear about it.



1 comment:

I said...

I don't have any information for that, but WOW it's awesome! I love vintage toys- so well made. Cade would fall in love with that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...