Monday, December 23, 2013

Joseph and the Christ Child

I can give or take most art work, but when I saw this painting by Simon Dewey called In the Arms of Joseph a few years ago, I knew I had to have it.




It's easy for me to imagine the relationship Joseph and Jesus must have had, especially since Don came into my life when Cody was only 6 months of age.

Now I watch a similar pattern as my son Chase is raising our oldest grandson, Walker. Everyone in the family fell madly in love with Walker the minute we met him. He was only 16 months old at the time.

Simon Dewey not only paints beautiful pictures depicting the life of Jesus Christ, he has been a series artist for Scholastic and Penguin book publishers, illustrated toy lines for Hasbro/Milton Bradley and he has done cover and poster work for RCA Columbia, Warner Home Video, and CBS Fox.

To learn more of Simon Dewey, click here.


2 comments:

Marilyn said...

I really like this DeeAnn. Thanks!

I said...

Hi DeeAnn. For some odd reason your posts weren't showing up in my blogreader. I have some "catching up" reading to do... I have no idea why I wasn't seeing your posts come through until today. I thought you were on Christmas Vacation from blogging lol. Anyways- This painting is amazing though, absolutely amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...