Katelyn is my forth child and only daughter. She is nineteen years old, finishing her freshman year at college, and wants to move out for the summer. Here's the thing. Although I know it's inevitable, I'm not fond of letting her go. I had to wait a good, long time to finally conceive a girl.
Because Cody will be turning the big THREE ZERO in July (just writing it makes me feel sick), I'm already dreading summer 2011. Katelyn deciding to move out is just adding to my grief, so instead of wallowing in my pain, I decided to come up with at least ten reasons why I should be happy to see her go.
1) No more tripping over shoes kicked off near the front door.
2) Less laundry (quite a bit less laundry, actually).
3) Cody gets a bathroom to himself.
4) Less water bottles to wash and refill.
5) The grocery bill will go down.
6) Her bedroom becomes my workout/scrapbook room.
7) No more school books, scarves and/or hand bags cluttering up the kitchen island.
8) Less dirty dishes left in the sink.
9) I'll be the only female in the house dealing with mood swings (I think this will be more of a plus for Don).
10) I give her two weeks before she misses me and appreciates how good she had it living at home!
Even with that said, I still don't feel better :(