|It's a Boy|
He figured since the baby and I were at the hospital sleeping and the grass needed to be mowed anyway, why not make a public announcement out of it? I suppose his theory worked because Chase's birth made the local newspaper.
That was in 1984. Here are some things that you may, or may not, remember about that year:
1) Ronald Reagan was President of the United Sates
2) Penthouse magazine published nude photographs of Miss America Vanessa Williams.
3) The Soviet Union boycotted the Los Angeles Summer Olympics
4) Mandy Moore and Avril Lavigne were born
5) Michael Jackson's hair caught on fire during the filming of a Pepsi commercial...probably wouldn't have happened had it been Coca-Cola. Just sayin' :)
6) Los Angeles Raiders won Superbowl XVIII
7) The Cosby Show and Who's the Boss premiered
8) The top films were: Ghostbusters, Beverly Hills Cop, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Gremlins and The Karate Kid
Happy 27th Birthday Chase!
If you'd like to read more about Chase and how he keeps me and everyone around him entertained, click here, here, here, here, here, and here. Oh yeah, there's one more here.