Friday, September 2, 2011

National Food Holidays for the Month of September

I came across the following list today and can't help but wonder who comes up with this stuff? An even better question might be, who really cares? Is there anybody out there who actually adheres to lists like this? I couldn't do it. Many of the foods honored this month make me gag (especially numbers 6, 9 and 27). However, I'm seriously contemplating observing National Cream Filled Donut Day on September 14th!

September 1: National Cherry Popover Day
September 2: National Blueberry Popsicle Day
September 3: National Welsh Rarebit Day
September 3: Afternoon Tea Day
September 4: National Macadamia Nut Day
September 5: National Cheese Pizza Day
September 6: National Coffee Ice Cream Day
September 7: National Acorn Squash Day
September 8: National Date Nut Bread Day
September 9: Wienerschnitzel Day
September 10: TV Dinner Day
September 11: National Hot Cross Bun Day
September 12: National Chocolate Milkshake Day
September 13: National Peanut Day
September 13: Snack A Pickle Time
September 14: National Cream Filled Donut Day
September 14: Eat a Hoagie Day
September 15: National Linguine Day
September 16: National Guacamole Day
September 16: Mexican Independence Day
September 17: National Apple Dumpling Day
September 18: National Cheeseburger Day
September 19: National Butterscotch Pudding Day
September 20: National Rum Punch
September 21: International Banana Festival
September 21: National Pecan Cookie Day
September 22: National Ice Cream Cone Day
September 23: National White Chocolate Day
September 24: National Cherries Jubilee Day
September 25: Crab Meat Newburg Day
September 26: National Pancake Day
September 27: National Chocolate Milk Day
September 27: National Corned Beef Hash Day
September 28: Strawberry Cream Pie Day
September 28: Drink Beer Day
September 29: National Coffee Day
September 30: National Hot Mulled Cider Day

If it were up to me to decide food holidays for September, my list would look like this...

1: DQ Peanut Buster Parfait Day
2: National Orange Chicken Day
3: Drink a Coke Day
4: National Chips and Pico de Gallo Day
5: National Take Your Mom to Olive Garden Day
6: Barbecue Chicken Day
7: National Cinnamon Roll Day
8: Eat a Caramel Apple Day
9: National Seafood Day
10: Milk Chocolate Day
11: Eat Cold Cereal so your Mom Doesn't have to Cook Day
12: National Potato Chips and Dip Day
13: National Vanilla Cupcake with Vanilla Frosting Day
14: National Cream Filled Donut Day (I'm keeping this one.)
15: Cheese Ball and Crackers Day
16: Eat a Steak Day
17: Cotton Candy Day
18: National Onion Rings Day
19: KFC Day
20: Egg Foo Yong Day
21: National Divinity Day
22: Drink a Coke Day (It's my list. I can do this twice if I want.)
23: Barbecue Ribs Day
24: National Corn on the Cob Day
25: National Orange Juice Day
26: Brownies and Milk Day
27: National Movie Theater Popcorn Day
28: National Chili Relleno Day
29: Scones and Honey Butter Day
30: National Molasses Cookie Day

3 comments:

autismand said...

11th Sept is national hot cross bun day? Have I missed something here? I will, however, be fully supporting National Coffee Day. And in our house, every day is eat cereal so mum doesn't have to cook day :)

Lizbeth said...

Would figure, I get hot cross bun day for my birthday.

And I like your list way better and I think you can have a coke every day.

dluvscoke said...

bbsmum- I like the idea of not cooking every day. You've got it going on. :)

Lizbeth- Okay, now I know your birthday is September 11th! :) And I confess, I have a Diet Coke (or 2 or 3) nearly every day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...