Monday, September 5, 2011

Watch Out for the Flames!

The following Blog on Fire Award was kindly given to me by Lizbeth at Four Sea Stars. If you haven't visited her blog, you really should. She tells it as it is and I love that about her.


Now I must tell you 7 things about me that you don't already know, then pass the award along. (By the way, if you have a blog and I am aware of it, you should be getting nervous about now.)


Here goes...


1) Once I walked around Las Vegas with an ice pack on my boob. Wanna know why? Faithfully read my blog and I may tell you someday. ;)


2) You might as well stick me in a gown from the renaissance era and put a tiara on my head, than ask me to wear a necklace or earrings. It isn't going to happen.


3) I have a time capsule I cannot open until the year 2014. (That seemed soo far away when I was putting it together.)


4) I use to worship Stevie Nicks until I saw her this year on NBC's The Voice. Now that she's freakin' old, not so much.


5) I have a love/hate relationship with thunderstorms.


6) I prefer pink carnations over roses.


7) I hate going to potlucks because there are always freeloaders and/or people who don't bring their fair share of food.


There you have it. Seven things that you didn't need to know about me, but learned anyway.


Now, without further adieu (I have to pat myself on the back. I did spell check and actually spelled adieu right!), I shall pass the Blog on Fire Award on to...


Apples and Autobots - An enjoyable blog written by a middle school teacher and mother of four, two of which are on the autism spectrum.

Goldilocks and the Three Bears - These amazing parents home schooled there autistic son, but have enrolled him in public high school this year. Read this blog and support the ups and downs this family will inevitably face.

Adventures in Oz - Head on over and meet Annie. She's an extremely talented lady and my very dear friend.

The Fragile X Files - Mark and Bonnie blog about their three children, with a special emphasis on their twin boys that have Fragile X Syndrome. If you don't know what Fragile X Syndrome is, their blog would be a great place to learn.

Carolina Heart Strings - Two friends, one in South Carolina and one in North Carolina. These women discuss a hodge podge of subjects, including autism.

That's it. I'll pick on nominate the rest of you another time. I can almost guarantee it. :)

3 comments:

Carolinaheartstrings said...

Thanks. We are honored that you picked us. I love your seven things.

Unknown said...

Cool! I've never gotten this particular award before! I love your list. I'm going to try to do mine this week. Thank you!

Asher Kade said...

Haha. As always, too funny, Dee. Congrats to a frequent commenter on my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...