Monday, June 21, 2010

Multiple Sclerosis

"I have this tingling feeling that goes down my cheek, kind of like a teardrop" my husband told me numerous times. I became concerned. I was thinking "Oh my. What if he has a brain tumor?"
I insisted that he go see our family physician.


The doctor ran some tests, one of which was an MRI. We waited, not too concerned, but it was in the back of our minds. After a short amount of time, the doctor called my husband and told him the MRI showed all the signs of MS and referred him to a neurologist.


Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis; that's what they call my husband's condition. He was told he probably has had MS for years. Starting in his late twenty's when he lost peripheral vision in one eye.


Multiple Sclerosis is a disease in which your body's immune system eats away at the protective sheath that covers your nerves. This interferes with the communication between your brain and the rest of your body. Symptoms vary widely, depending on the amount of damage and which particular nerves are affected.


If you would like more facts about Multiple Sclerosis from professionals, I would suggest starting with http://www.mslifelines.com/.


If you would like to talk to me on a personal level, please leave your comments and I will be happy to respond :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...