After cartoons this morning, I changed the channel to Sirius Satellite Radio, so Cody could listen to his favorite 80's music while I cleaned the house. Periodically, he would get my attention and say, "This song reminds me of _______". I tried to get him to tell me why and give me details, but without much luck. Here are five of the songs, along with what limited amount of information Cody chose to share:
1) Life in a Northern Town by Dream Academy/ "Ford"
2) When the Going Gets Tough by Billy Ocean/ "Dunkin Donuts"
3) How Will I Know by Whitney Houston/ "rubbing your head hard, like rubbing a noogie"
4) King For A Day by Thompson Twins/ "a puppet show"
5) It's Still Rock and Roll to Me by Billy Joel/ "grandma's keyboard"
The only one that I can make any sense of is number five.