Saturday, March 12, 2011

Shells, Sand and a Six Year Old

David, a sweet little boy in our Kindergarten glass, went to El Salvador for a few weeks and brought me back gifts. How cute is that? It's moments like this that make the bad days worthwhile.




This is a little key chain purse.

He brought me shells and black sand. The sand was still damp.

Realizing that I don't know much about El Salvador, I did some research. This is what I learned...

It is the smallest country in Central America.

Map of Central America

Because of volcanoes, many beaches have black sand.



The primary currency is the U.S. dollar.



The following video shows the diverse geography of the country:



Thank you David, for the gifts and inspiring me to learn more about your family's native country.

1 comment:

Lora said...

I knew that I was behind on reading your blog but didn't know I was this far behind darnit! Trying to catch up...couldn't sleep after all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...