Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesday's Twinkie Day

...according to Cody. I'm not sure why but I figure it's because Twinkie and Tuesday both start with T. Nobody else in our family enjoys eating Twinkies the way Cody does, so to keep them from getting old and moldy, I freeze the entire package. Every Monday evening Cody reminds me to get a Twinkie out of the freezer and put it in his lunchbox for the next day.

I found the following recipe at http://www.hostesscakes.com/.
I have not tried it but the pumpkin caught me eye (fitting to the season for those of us in the United States).

Pumpkin Twinkie Dessert


1 package (15 ounces) Hostess Twinkies (10 Twinkies)
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 container (8 ounces) frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed, divided
2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup milk
Additional pumpkin pie spice

Slice Twinkies in half lengthwise and place cream-side up, in single layer in 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Using a mixer, blend together cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and ½ of whipped topping until smooth. Spread evenly over Twinkies.

Combine pudding mix, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and milk. Whisk until well blended and layer over cream cheese mixture. Carefully spread remaining whipped topping over pumpkin. Lightly sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice. Refrigerate several hours or until set.

Makes 9 to 12 servings.

4 comments:

jaesi said...

We are twinkie lovers at this house. There is about a 2 hour window from the time the box is opened to the time it goes in the garbage. Cody would love our house :)

dluvscoke said...

Jaesi, I KNOW Cody would love your house!

Lora said...

I am autistic and so is my 8 year old son Griffin. I love your blog and would like to know how you got your blogroll. I recently lost mine because blogrolling stopped functioning so now I don't know what to do. Please visit my blog at http://griffinblaise.blogspot.com or e-mail me at: msterriousgirl@hotmail.com and help me out. I am lost without my blogroll on my blog! I will be back to visit because your blog/family is very interesting.

carolinaheartstrings said...

That sounds good to me. Love anything pumpkin and who doesn't love a twinkie. If you have visited our site you have seen a lot of recipes for pumpkin items in the month of October. Thank you for the comment you made to our blog site. We love your site too. Interesting and informative. We plan on visiting often.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...