Monday, November 22, 2010

Appreciative Even Though...

Even though I clutch my blanket and growl
when the alarm rings each morning
Thank you Lord, that I can hear.


Even though I keep my eyes tightly closed
against the morning light as long as possible,
Thank you Lord, that I can see.


Even though I huddle in my bed,
and put off the physical effort of rising,
Thank you Lord, that I have the strength to rise.


Even though the first hour of my day is hectic,
when socks are lost, toast is burned, and tempers are short,
Thank you Lord, for my family.


Even though our table never looks like pictures in magazines,
And the menu is at times unbalanced,
Thank you, Lord, for the food we have.


Even though the routine
of my job is often monotonous,
Thank you Lord, for the opportunity to work.


Even though I grumble and bemoan
My fate from day to day,
And wish my modest circumstances
Were not quite so modest,
I thank you Lord, for the gift of life!

Author Unknown

4 comments:

autismand said...

Read this, stopped for a moment, remembered that actually I'm the luckiest woman alive. Thanks.

dluvscoke said...

You're certainly welcome :)

autismand said...

Loved it so much have tweeted the link!!

dluvscoke said...

I love that you're a tweeter :) Your post about tweeting was great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...