Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pies, Pastries and Pumpkins Puzzle

Jigsaw puzzles are nostalgic for me. My parents would often set one up on a card table for the whole family to work on. They even glued, framed and hung a huge puzzle of the Grand Canyon on their living room wall. It proved to be a great conversation piece back in the 1970's.

For a few years now, I have purchased Christmas jigsaw puzzles for my own family to work on during the month of December. This year, however, I decided to do something a little different. I bought a puzzle with an autumn theme and set it up the first week of October.



I also decided to buy this and try it out...



I haven't determined if I am a fan of the Stow and Go. The puzzle pieces were hard to move around on the fabric.

It took awhile, but we eventually finished the puzzle...



Now I am trying to decide if I should purchase a new Christmas puzzle. If I do, it will definitely be Ravensburger brand, not SunsOut like the one above. This one was far too difficult, thanks to some oddly shaped pieces.

2 comments:

betty said...

I found those puzzle stow and goes aren't too effective, at least the one I tried awhile back. I like how you buy puzzles like this. We used to make a lot of puzzles growing up and then in my young adulthood; then the kids liked it here and there. My mom would always buy me a Christmas puzzle for Christmas. I think they are great for using the mind, aren't they? A lost art I think too. Maybe I'll have to get one to work on in the coming months! Thanks for the idea!

betty

dluvscoke said...

Betty- I do agree that jigsaw puzzles are great for the mind. I also like that my family will work on them and carry on conversations, rather than sit in front of a television or computer. If you decide to buy a puzzle, I recommend the website www.simplepastimes.com. They have a huge variety to choose from.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...