Friday, January 14, 2011

Newsflash

After Don, Cody and I had dinner tonight, Don began to clear his throat (which he does A LOT) and this is the conversation that followed:

Me (speaking to Don)- "Katelyn is really worried about you. She thinks you have throat cancer."

Cody- "Why would she think dad has throat cancer?"

Me- "Because she's been watching T.V. and Michael Douglas has throat cancer. Apparently clearing your throat a lot is a sign."

Don (speaking to me jokingly)- "You guys aren't going to be happy until I die are ya?"

Cody- "Dad, when you die (pause)"

Don- "What Cody? Finish your sentence."

Cody- "When you die...then me and mom will live withoutcha."

(As opposed to what, him taking us with him?)

Don't you wish you could engage in our enlightening conversations?

4 comments:

jaesi said...

oh to be a fly on the wall....:)

autismand said...

When Cody starts asking how much he gets in the will Don had better start worrying. I've been looking over my shoulder ever since the Other One realised we were worth more to him dead than alive, lol :)

Lora said...

Cody is a hoot!

dluvscoke said...

bbsmum- Funny. That is exactly why Don says we won't be happy until he's dead. He's insured. I tell Don that if I wanted him dead, I would have insured him for a hell of a lot more :)

Lora- Cody is a hoot...but it can be tiring at times.

Jaesi- I'd like to be a fly on your wall. I bet you're such a cute mom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...